Popup and Inline combination

SOLVED
Go to solution
JeffB8880
Rookie
0 Votes

Is it possible to have both a popup form and an inline form on the same website?  I'd like to have the popup come up on the homepage and the inline version of it come up on some other pages.  Both forms would be collecting the same information.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JeffB8880 ,

Since the pop-up and inline use the same universal code, you may end up with the pop-up showing on the same page you have your inline. But yes, you can have both active on your site at the same time. You'll just want to get both forms created and activated, then apply the necessary codes where you want. Make sure to read this article to know if your website will be compatible though (some site builders don't allow outside scripting like ours).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JeffB8880 ,

Since the pop-up and inline use the same universal code, you may end up with the pop-up showing on the same page you have your inline. But yes, you can have both active on your site at the same time. You'll just want to get both forms created and activated, then apply the necessary codes where you want. Make sure to read this article to know if your website will be compatible though (some site builders don't allow outside scripting like ours).

William A
BrazeltonTouchpoints
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi. I'm trying to exclude a CC popup on the page where I've embedded my inline form. If I disable universal code then neither displays on that page. How can I disable the popup on just that one page while leaving the inline form?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BrazeltonTouchpoints ,

Anywhere you have the universal code for your forms, active pop-ups will show.

William A

This answers my question, but have you given any thought to fixing this?

The bulk of our subscribers go through our pop-up form, so it's very important to have on our website. But now I'm trying to run a paid campaign to drive people to our in-line subscribe form but having that pop-up showing over it is just obnoxious. I think it will kill our conversion rates.

amyloo
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

The popup I tried did show on pages that have inline forms, as you explain. We have so many different lists, though, that the context didn't make sense when that happened. Is there any way to suppress the popup on those pages?

Short of that, can anyone recommend a good 3rd party solution? Anyone using OptinMonster that CC customers can use at a discount, and do you know if it allows different types of signup tools on different pages for different lists?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST