Possible Bug - Outer Border

SOLVED
Go to solution
ToddA651
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

A client has reported a bug that appears to be coming from the "Outer Border" setting under the "Design" tab. In some inboxes, people are seeing a thin border even when the "Outer Border" setting is set to 0. When changing the color on this setting to white, it vanishes into the background, but sometimes leaves gaps between blocks of the email.

Could there be a setting I am missing, or is this just a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Gotcha, thank you for the clarification. I've submitted the case to the devs for further investigation into the issue. If and when there's an update regarding it, they'll notify you directly.

In the meantime, the best workaround would be to set the border's color to be the same as the inner background, even if it's reduced to 0px, to help mask Outlook forcing the border to appear / bleed through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ToddA651 ,

Do you know what email program (and version if applicable) the recipients experiencing the issue are using? Are these border bleed-throughs showing in the editor, preview, or your personal test sends at all?

William A
ToddA651
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

We have one person it is showing up for in the desktop version of Outlook and another in the online version of Outlook. It does not appear in the editor, preview, or in the tests I send to myself. I use the Mail application native to Mac.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Do you know what year the desktop version of Outlook is for that recipient?

William A
ToddA651
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

They are using Microsoft Office 365 version 2211

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Are you able to provide any screencaps of how the issue appears on their side? 

William A
ToddA651
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

With the Border setting as 0 with blue selectedWith the Border setting as 0 with blue selectedWith the Border setting as 0 with white selectedWith the Border setting as 0 with white selected

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Do you have a screencap that shows the 0-border bleeding through, as described in your original post though? As in, you have a white inner background, but the blue border still bleeds through?

Or is what you're referring to that bit of border on the far-right side of the outer background in the first screencap?

William A
ToddA651
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

That is what is happening in the first screenshot. The border around the body text under the video should not be visible. The inner background is white and the border is blue but set to 0 and should not be visible.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Gotcha, thank you for the clarification. I've submitted the case to the devs for further investigation into the issue. If and when there's an update regarding it, they'll notify you directly.

In the meantime, the best workaround would be to set the border's color to be the same as the inner background, even if it's reduced to 0px, to help mask Outlook forcing the border to appear / bleed through.

William A
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

This issue interests me because I have found a "border problem" with Outlook also, but in my case it is that horizontal lines and borders set to 1 point are not visible in Outlook. I have to make them at least 2 points and that looks pretty heavy in other email clients.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST