Post yesterday re social media link problems

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Post yesterday re social media link problems

I see that support was in my account. I solved the problem of not being able to link my email to LinkedIn.  It was because the browser I was inadvertently using was Edge.  Works fine in my normal Firefox and Chrome. 

~Mary

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Post yesterday re social media link problems

Hey there @MaryC656 ,

We're glad you were able to get it figured out, and we'll make sure to update your case notes and any applicable service requests that your issue was resolved by using Firefox / Chrome. Unfortunately Microsoft Edge is a browser doesn't work well with our website, and thus we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox for an ideal experience.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Retail

Re: Unfortunately Microsoft Edge is a browser doesn't work well with our website, and thus we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox for an ideal experience.

If true, it would be helpful if this was made painfully obvious to new users.  I wasted a ton of time trying to resolve what I was doing wrong.  My initial googling had indicated Microsoft Edge WAS a supported browser.

FYI - my issue (social media url paste didn't save) was similar solved by help desk inserting url in same manner

I am using Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0   Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363 on up to date Window 10 Home, version 1909, OS build 18363.836

Highlighted
Retail

Double checked just now, this from help centre list of supported browsers:

Microsoft Edge - We currently support version 15 and higher. Only our Third-Generation email editor is supported in Edge; our Second-Generation email editor is not supported. Microsoft's Edge browser is periodically updated during a Windows update. Visit Microsoft's support to check or update your Edge version.

Highlighted

Hi @shelleys104 

Testing your account in a different browser or even a private/incognito window is always the first step we suggest in case there are any specific settings or third-party plugins that could affect how Constant Contact works in a browser. With that said, are you still having the same experience in a browser other than Microsoft Edge?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured