Posting the "View as Webpage" link to Facebook group results in the header image blowing out.

DPCCChair
Participant

Posting the "View as Webpage" link to Facebook group results in the header image blowing out.

We recently added the "View as Webpage" link to our Newsletter email. However, I see that when someone posts that link to Facebook, the heading image we use is too wide and blows out of the post - all that you can see is the middle of the image, which looks bad. Is there a way to provide an image that shows up when sharing via social media? Thanks. 

Image as it shows in Facebook post:

DPCCChair_0-1612461522581.png

Image in the actual email.

DPCCChair_1-1612461578983.png

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @DPCCChair ,

Facebook has very strict image size restrictions when auto-generating images for shared links, as well as images being shared directly as part of an overall post. The only option would be to make your header image fit within Facebook's very specific image requirements, which may result in it being too big or small for your actual newsletter. Otherwise Facebook will always auto-generate an image too big for the post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.