Prevent column stacking on mobile devices

Participant

Prevent column stacking on mobile devices

In our emails we frequently want to show a comparison between two pictures.  In the legacy editor we just used a one-row by two-column table and the pictures appeared side by side on all devices.  With  the third gen editor, the columns are stacked on a small screen, and the two pictures cannot be seen together and compared.  Any way to prevent stacking?  CC offers the thumbnail as a solution, but pretty much tells you it won't work.

1 REPLY 1

Hello @AnnetteB41 ,

Since mobile formatting for emails prevent horizontal column layouts, there isn't much else that can be done beyond using a screenshot to give the appearance of multiple columns. Maintaining mobile formatting is effectively necessary in modern emailing, since most email clients' spam filters favor emails that are easily reformatted for mobile devices.

Our engineers are looking into ways that there could potentially be more column control in mobile stacking, in a way that doesn't negate an email's mobile formatting. I'll go ahead and add your name to the interest list.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.