Preview option is useless in live event

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Preview option is useless in live event

I love the idea of previewing what my fields will look like in the field editor...but your system requires a user to close an event before making changes...  HOWEVER...when you click "preview" it takes you to the "This event is closed" screen...so in order to actually preview what new fields will look like...you have to save your edits re-open the event, thus defeating the purpose of a preview.

The preview feature works great in DRAFT mode when creating an event...but it's completely useless if I want to make changes to already existing event.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Preview option is useless in live event

Hi @DFW-CAI,

We're glad you reached out and we're sorry for any confusion about editing your event and previewing those edits. If you've already made your event Live and need to make changes to the Registration Form, the system does require you to close registration during this time:

2017-06-09_11-13-03.png

Keep in mind that it's simply closing registration and not closing your entire event. This is a safeguard so that no one tries to register while you're making edits. You'll still have the ability to utilize the Preview function and see your edits before re-opening registration again:

2017-06-09_11-18-02.png

When you've completed your edits, the system will ask if you're ready to re-open registration:

2017-06-09_11-22-19.png

You are correct in that once an event is Closed the messaging will display as such so you'll want to make sure and keep your event Open (but only close the Registration option) when making edits.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi Nichelle,

I understand the resoning behind closing registration in order to make the updates (and fully support that!) but my issue comes during step 2 in your response, the "preview" stage...  After clowing registration and making field changes, when I click preview ...this is what I get:

LIVE event with CLOSED registration at PREVIEW screenLIVE event with CLOSED registration at PREVIEW screen

The preview function doesn't actually let me preview anything...I have to save my changes, and re-open registration, and click "VIEW EVENT" on the main dashboard in order to see them.

Hope that makes sense...

James

Highlighted

Hello @DFW-CAI,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. I reached out to our upper level department of support and they have taken a case to look into this more closely. They will reach out to you on the contact information provided on your account. Thank you for your patience while we investigate!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured