Print a Campaign

SOLVED
Go to solution
JeriW73
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I create a monthly newsletter that is approximately 20 pages.  I electronically send the campaign out to the majority of our members, however, I still need to print several copies.  Until recently I copied the campaign and used the Print function under Send Test Email to edit the campaign into page breaks.  I hit the print button, look at print preview and determine where I need to add or delete space in the original campaign to make logical page breaks.  Now, the images will not appear in my print preview.  CC tells me about other methods to accomplish my editing goal; however, they are very clumsy and time consuming.  They say they are working on it.  Does anyone else have this issue and suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @JeriW73 , 

Unfortunately, we do have to wait for our engineering team to resolve that issue, but I do have it set to notify you with any updates on that. When you click the three dots and click Download & Print, it won't give you the option to add or remove page breaks, but it will allow you to scale the email to fit on one page. The only other workaround at this time is to try working out of the Firefox browser, which has been working for some people to show the images in the Print window. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JeriW73,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused! Are the images in your newsletter missing when you go to preview mode? If so, I do recommend switching browsers and that may fix this temporarily while our engineers are working on this. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
JeriW73
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi Zoe H  Thanks for responding to my post.  Yes, my images are in the preview mode.  They are only missing in the Print mode under Test EMail.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JeriW73,

For troubleshooting, please try switching browsers to see if the images appear. Another workaround is to download the PDF on your computer after you already send yourself a test. If none of those option work, please try selecting the three dots on your main campaigns tab next to the email title and selected "Download and Print" there. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

JeriW73
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Zoe, my problem is, that I need to do a print preview to determine how the document will look when printed with page breaks.  I use a Print Preview and then edit the email by adding or deleting spacing to create logical page breaks.  When I use the workarounds, I'm not able to edit the document.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JeriW73,

When selecting Download and Print using the three dots, it should give you all the same options to edit but with the images appearing. 

Zoe H.

JeriW73
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Zoe, I truly appreciate all of your efforts and time with me, but sorry to say, I am unable to edit the document using the three dots.  Are you able to call me and walk me through it?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JeriW73,

I do apologize that you are unable to edit the document. I unfortunately cannot reach out by phone, but you can call us here to have one of our wonderful agents share a screen with you and walk you through it! Thanks. 

Zoe H.

JeriW73
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I apologize for the delay in answering.  I am unable to edit and one of your marketing advisors could not edit either.  The only way to edit is to go in and out of the campaign, which is very time consuming.  I need the image feature fixed to use in Print, Test Email.

Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @JeriW73 , 

Unfortunately, we do have to wait for our engineering team to resolve that issue, but I do have it set to notify you with any updates on that. When you click the three dots and click Download & Print, it won't give you the option to add or remove page breaks, but it will allow you to scale the email to fit on one page. The only other workaround at this time is to try working out of the Firefox browser, which has been working for some people to show the images in the Print window. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care

user0740982
Campaign Contributor
Hi Amanda, please can you advise whether this issue has been or is being resolved yet? We cannot print our newsletter campaigns as the images seem to sit “outside” the document - assume this is to do with it being an online platform? It is very frustrating as we do want and need to be able to print copies of our newsletters.
Thanks very much
Natalie Lloyd (for Kathryn)
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST