Problem added an unsubscribed contact

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Problem added an unsubscribed contact

A person on my list has been forwarding emails. Someone else must have unsubscribed her. She contacted me to find out why she hadn't been getting information. The system is not allowing me to add her to a list.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Problem added an unsubscribed contact

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately once a contact has unsubscribed they would need to sign back up on their end. There are several ways to do this but the quickest is to send them a link to your sign up form outside of Constant Contact. They would just need to click this link and follow the directions. Here's an FAQ with some other directions if one of these works better.

As for the unsubscribe process, it's hard to be opted out from a forwarded email since the unsubscribe page requires you re-enter the original recipients email address. Thanks for your feedback on this! 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Constant Contact would like to hear from you

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured