Problem & Features

EAPrincipals
Occasional Participant

Problem & Features

I'll start with the room for improvement and then share my problem (related to imports and custom fields). My company uses Contactually too. Both ConstantContact and have different pros/cons, and we're trying to determine which site we like best. Some of the things that CC can improve upon are the following: 1) Let users sort more many Contacts according to the lists that they are on, including seeing contacts on multiple lists.(Without the need to click on each individual profile or click on one list at a time.) 2)Let users sort Contacts according when they were last contacted. Let users send messages to 1 person at a time, and not just for email campaigns that were already sent. 3)Show more column categories on the Contacts page. (Like location, last contacted.) 4)Allow additional editing options, like being able to underline and to indent text. (Right now, options are limited to lists, bold, and paragraph alignment.) 5)Integrate CC with email, so that messages that I send automatically show up in my Gmail sent folder, and contacts automatically get added to our CC contacts. Problem: _______ When I import lists with more than one Custom Email field, the email fields don't show in the drop-down, yet when I try to recreate them, I get an error message that they already exist. How do I implement a pre-existing custom email field that isn't available in the field drop-down list?

1 REPLY 1
Frankie_P

Hi @EAPrincipals

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us in the Community! I'm happy to share that with our teams here as suggestions for future improvements. Also I'm sorry to hear you can't see the contact custom fields during your upload. I took a look at your account and was not able to replicate that issue. Please send us an email referring to this post along with the file you're trying to upload to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com

We would love to troubleshoot this more with you.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.