The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Problematic and bad new "Custom Code Editor"!

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Problematic and bad new "Custom Code Editor"!

So the new "Custom Code Editor" from Constantly Changing is going into effect on the 20th -- "good" for optimizing the process, but and "F+" that the new editor NOW CHANGES THE DESIGN of a newsletter that was just fine before! I don't get how the new editor could make something look different -- it should be the SAME as the last one, but good ol' Constantly Changing, RUINING my business! Infuriating...

Mailchimp is thankfully keeping the same design format and I'll probably be forced to go to them finally, but if ANYONE has ANY idea about how to make this "new" custom code editor "respect" or keep my previous design, PLEASE HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Problematic and bad new "Custom Code Editor"!

Hi @ChrisB10 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your email! I apologize our updated custom code editor is not working as easily as it should! What changes are you happen with your email? Having any screenshots or detailed examples of what you are experiencing will allow us to troubleshoot further for you.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

here's an example of how the newsletter looks with your current (and any other) HTML editor/similar: https://conta.cc/2Ei6yIk

here's an example of how the newsletter with the exact same coding looks with your new editor -- margins flushed left, sections out of whack, etc.:  https://conta.cc/2EhQDcF

Why has the editor's formatting/how it's reading HTML changed? Again, any other system (including your current one) does it right...very frustrating...

Lastly, please tell me you're not removing the "view email in browser" option in the email system - don't see it with the new editor and it would be ridiculous not to include that still.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

It's a shame that Constant Contact doesn't actually care about what harm they do to their customers - they really, truly don't.

The thing that matters is that they try to "look good" or try gimmicky things to stand out as opposed to truly making a thorough product. Now comes the hassle of finding a company/service that actually helps businesses succeed.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @ChrisB10 ,

Thank you for providing the examples, that's really helpful. I've been reviewing the emails and can see what you're talking about with the sections going the full width of the email. I've engaged a higher level of our support team to take a look. They'll need some time to review the code and try to figure out what is going on. I'm assigning a case to someone and they will be reaching out to you within 2 business days with an update, so keep an eye on your email for more information. My apologies for the frustrations while we look into this.

Kyle_R
Community Manager
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi thanks so much - and I admit that my frustration is harsh, but this aspect/problem is very hard to deal with for me - it's making my company use/try out other email distribution services in the meantime (which, again, all handle the code/formatting NO PROBLEM the way your old editor did) and thus experimenting with your competitors is causing inconsistencies in how those 4 daily emails are distributed...

I hope this can truly be resolved -- it's really hard to understand why **every other** code editor/platform -- INCLUDING your previous one for six years -- formats these emails correctly, but this new one somehow moves things around. VERY disconcerting and thus my ranting, sorry (but serious!)

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured