Pruning a mailing list

SOLVED
Go to solution
CeliaR38
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having a "discussion" with a cohort about mailing list pruning and can't see an answer to this question. I want to periodically prune names from our list who never open mail from our organization and haven't done so for a period of years. My teammate - who is much more tech savvy than I - figures that some of those non openers may use ad blocker software, so that we can't tell if they have in fact opened our mail. 

Do CC stats on engagement take this possibility into account and is he right to want to guard every name on our list? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CeliaR38 ,

You can use segmentation to filter out contacts who've chronically not opened your emails. You can then further manage this segment by adding it to a list, determining which contacts may still be worth keeping (such as very recent additions based on Date Added), and then deleting all the remaining non-openers and the segment list. There's also our pre-built low engagement segmentation, which you can use to re-engage those specific contacts that rarely if ever open your emails.

Our system won't be able to capture if a contact's opens/clicks are from security software, nor their lack of opens / clicks. If you're concerned about this being a widespread possibility for your particular contacts, you may need to investigate and monitor your contacts on a more individual basis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CeliaR38 ,

You can use segmentation to filter out contacts who've chronically not opened your emails. You can then further manage this segment by adding it to a list, determining which contacts may still be worth keeping (such as very recent additions based on Date Added), and then deleting all the remaining non-openers and the segment list. There's also our pre-built low engagement segmentation, which you can use to re-engage those specific contacts that rarely if ever open your emails.

Our system won't be able to capture if a contact's opens/clicks are from security software, nor their lack of opens / clicks. If you're concerned about this being a widespread possibility for your particular contacts, you may need to investigate and monitor your contacts on a more individual basis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST