Question about old campaigns

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

Question about old campaigns

I've realized after a few months of being our club's newsletter editor that I'm getting a lot more spam now, probably because my personal email address (our club doesn't have a general one) appears a couple of times in the newsletter as the return address. Old newsletters are sitting on your server so that I can copy and revise for the next issue. I can't edit SENT campaigns, so is the only way to remove my email address from your server is to delete ALL my old campaigns?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @SusanR0570 , 

I am sorry to hear that you have seen an uptick in the amount of spam coming into your inbox.  Our site is a secure site, so with your email address being listed in previous newsletters, no one would be able to see that unless they logged into your individual account.  In order to send the emails from your account you do need to keep one email address on file as verified, so that we can send the emails on your behalf.  There are many reasons why you might be seeing the increasing number of Spam emails, and I would not be able to specifically identify what is the cause for your situation.  I would recommend making sure that you have up to date Anti-virus software on your computer, and when entering your email address into sites, you are using trusted, verified sites.  

In order to help reduce the Spam that is getting through to your inbox I would also recommend to hit the Spam button on your inbox for anything coming in that you did not give your permission to receive.  Your email client (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo) should then start filtering those emails out of your inbox.  If the person(s) sending you Spam are using a service, like Constant Contact, then that organization will be notified of the Spam complaints against their customer and can take action accordingly.  If you do see any Spam emails coming from a Constant Contact customer, please feel free to forward the email to abuse(at)constantcontact(dot)com.  We will then open an investigation and look into the account that sent that email.  

I hope that this helps, 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @SusanR0570 , 

I am sorry to hear that you have seen an uptick in the amount of spam coming into your inbox.  Our site is a secure site, so with your email address being listed in previous newsletters, no one would be able to see that unless they logged into your individual account.  In order to send the emails from your account you do need to keep one email address on file as verified, so that we can send the emails on your behalf.  There are many reasons why you might be seeing the increasing number of Spam emails, and I would not be able to specifically identify what is the cause for your situation.  I would recommend making sure that you have up to date Anti-virus software on your computer, and when entering your email address into sites, you are using trusted, verified sites.  

In order to help reduce the Spam that is getting through to your inbox I would also recommend to hit the Spam button on your inbox for anything coming in that you did not give your permission to receive.  Your email client (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo) should then start filtering those emails out of your inbox.  If the person(s) sending you Spam are using a service, like Constant Contact, then that organization will be notified of the Spam complaints against their customer and can take action accordingly.  If you do see any Spam emails coming from a Constant Contact customer, please feel free to forward the email to abuse(at)constantcontact(dot)com.  We will then open an investigation and look into the account that sent that email.  

I hope that this helps, 

View solution in original post