Questions about the Shopify Integration

SOLVED
Go to solution
CndnCanoeMuseum
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hello, 

Our museum uses both Shopify for our online store, and Constant Contact for email communications, so I am interested in the integration that connects the two platforms, but I have a few questions and was hoping the community could help answer them. 

1) Do the tags assigned to customers in Shopify migrate over to Constant Contact? For example, if we tagged a Customer as a member, would we be able to see that information in Shopify?

2) Do only the contacts that have selected "Accepts Marketing" in Shopify migrated into Shopify?

3) If you make a change to a profile in Constant Contact, does it change anything in Shopify? 

4) Is there a way if someone purchases a specific product that they are automatically added to a specific list (example: if someone purchases one of our memberships, can they automatically be added to our Membership Newsletter mailing list)?

Or are there any Shopify apps that would assist with any of these? 

Thank you!

The Canadian Canoe Museum
910 Monaghan Road
Peterborough, Ontario Canada K9J 5K4

Tel: 705-748-9153 ext. 216
Toll Free: 866-342-2663 ext. 216

Our world-class collection inspires connection, curiosity and new understanding through our world-class collection of canoes and kayaks. Explore with us today!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CndnCanoeMuseum ,

The Shopify integration is pretty intuitive, however there may be certain limitations in the ways contacts are imported.

1) It is my understanding that tags will migrate between Shopify and our system.

2) Contacts will only be pulled over to our side if they explicitly accept the marketing emails while checking out

3) Changes to certain contact info (emails, names, etc.) should convert back over to your Shopify system as wel

4) Only contacts that meet specific criteria are pulled, and only those that explicitly agree to marketing emails will be pulled over to our side fully. Those that have abandoned carts, merely visited, etc. won't be added to our system since they haven't agreed to receive marketing emails. The Shopify integration can still be used to engage these other contacts however, so that people who've abandoned their carts for example can be alerted that they still have products waiting for them.

My recommendation however, just to make sure you're getting this information first hand, would be to call our general support line. The robot or the agent you initially connect with will make sure you get over to the integrations-specialized Tier 2 team, though the agent may ask some probing questions first so they can make sure they're warm transferring to T2 properly. Feel free to reference case 27318191, which will reference this Community post, and the conversation I had with our higher level technical team.

Also, if you like the Shopify integration, consider leaving a review!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CndnCanoeMuseum ,

The Shopify integration is pretty intuitive, however there may be certain limitations in the ways contacts are imported.

1) It is my understanding that tags will migrate between Shopify and our system.

2) Contacts will only be pulled over to our side if they explicitly accept the marketing emails while checking out

3) Changes to certain contact info (emails, names, etc.) should convert back over to your Shopify system as wel

4) Only contacts that meet specific criteria are pulled, and only those that explicitly agree to marketing emails will be pulled over to our side fully. Those that have abandoned carts, merely visited, etc. won't be added to our system since they haven't agreed to receive marketing emails. The Shopify integration can still be used to engage these other contacts however, so that people who've abandoned their carts for example can be alerted that they still have products waiting for them.

My recommendation however, just to make sure you're getting this information first hand, would be to call our general support line. The robot or the agent you initially connect with will make sure you get over to the integrations-specialized Tier 2 team, though the agent may ask some probing questions first so they can make sure they're warm transferring to T2 properly. Feel free to reference case 27318191, which will reference this Community post, and the conversation I had with our higher level technical team.

Also, if you like the Shopify integration, consider leaving a review!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CndnCanoeMuseum
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you for the very thorough response, William! And I will be sure to call the support line as well. 

Sincerey, 
Rachelia 

The Canadian Canoe Museum
910 Monaghan Road
Peterborough, Ontario Canada K9J 5K4

Tel: 705-748-9153 ext. 216
Toll Free: 866-342-2663 ext. 216

Our world-class collection inspires connection, curiosity and new understanding through our world-class collection of canoes and kayaks. Explore with us today!
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST