RSS to pull content from WordPress to email newsletter

SOLVED
Go to solution
FirstNameL10469
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm looking for instructions on how to use an RSS feed to pull articles from a WordPress site to populate a daily newsletter (email) in Constant Contact. I read that there used to be a way to do this but that Constant Contact no longer provides for it. If true, is there a workaround? 

Thanks,

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Unless you're able to find a 3rd party integration that can connect your site to our system in such a way, then yeah you'd need to do this manually. That said, it may be worth checking in with the API Developers / Web Services team to see if they'd have any insight on how you could make an RSS (or similarly functioning) system work between your site and our system. 

Web Services can be reached either on the Developer Board here in Community, or through their site and email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL10469 ,

We generally avoid RSS feeds these days due to their harsher treatment by email client algorithms and general security checks. The best workaround for pulling your Wordpress content would be to use the Read More blocks in an email to link to the relevant articles and have snippets, imagery, etc. pulled.

If those don't work for you, the next best method will be simply adding image and text blocks that entice your contacts to go to the main article on your site, accessed through either text, image, or button links.

William A

Hi, thanks for the response. We are new media site that has daily content. I'd rather not have to use staff time to create a newsletter of our recent headlines, but instead automate it so that it pulls the recent stories' headlines and teaser text. I guess what I'm hearing is that we would have to do this manually with Constant Contact, is that correct? Thanks, Tony

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Unless you're able to find a 3rd party integration that can connect your site to our system in such a way, then yeah you'd need to do this manually. That said, it may be worth checking in with the API Developers / Web Services team to see if they'd have any insight on how you could make an RSS (or similarly functioning) system work between your site and our system. 

Web Services can be reached either on the Developer Board here in Community, or through their site and email.

William A
MaxJ31
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello William ... would you please elaborate on what you mean by "harsher treatment by email client algorithms and general security checks?" Where could I find further documentation? - Thanks.

JenniferA192
Rookie
0 Votes

I would like to pull content that we post in COnstant Contact to our website.  Is there a way to automate that or do we have to do it manually each week?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

There's nothing inherently in our system for that to be done automatically. I'd recommend going through my previous responses in this thread, if you want more info of possible avenues you can take to construct automated functionalities.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST