Re: Drag & Drop Build Options Causes Uncontrollable Scrolling

Regular Participant

Re: Drag & Drop Build Options Causes Uncontrollable Scrolling

I've had the same issue since I started using the new generation editor.  Super frustrating!  I'm on a PC, chrome, using a wireless mouse.

31 REPLIES 31

Hello @JulieL34,

Thank you for this feedback! You are correct, a lot of features have been removed completely from Constant Contact due to them not working properly or not being mobile responsive and we have replaced them with better working and mobile responsive features. 

We are glad that you have not encountered the problem in a while! You may also use our Custom Code option if you would like more customization features in the editor. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I previously reported that this problem seemed to be fixed, but recently it has started up again. I can't document it for sure, but since a lot of changes have been made over the past few months in the interface, I'm assuming the problem came back as part of some of those changes. I wonder if you guys can replicate it now and see what is happening to all of us. I would bet it is happening to a lot more people than have written here, who have just not bothered dto report it.

Occasional Participant

I have the same issue. It makes creating email campaigns endlessly frustrating and time-consuming. It scrolls so fast I am never able to place the image or text where I want them to go, they end up at the bottom of the email. I am considering changing to a different service because I have been having these same issues with every email I create for months.

Hi @WBCUtahDMC 

I apologize you too are having this experience! Have you tried working in a different browser as suggested previously in this thread? Are you able to see the pink line when attempting to add a block? We have seen cases where users can control their scrolling by moving the mouse slower to land on the spot to drop the element. You also have the option of double clicking the block so it's added to the bottom of your campaign. You can then use the drag and drop icon to the right of the block to drag where you want it.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Has this been fixed for you?   I am having the same problem and it is SO frustrating!!

Yes, but not as often.  I have a new computer now so I think the new Windows is helping.  It's frustrating to say the least.

I'm ready to switch to a different service too.  I have been working for hours today and can't produce a document with pictures due to the uncontrollable scrolling!

Customer service has been very helpful when I can't make it work.  They've always stepped in and done what I needed from their end.  (they create a copy of your email and edit it)

Participant

I have been consistently been having this problem across multiple browsers, multiple computers (both windows and mac) and multiple users. It is maddening and makes it almost impossible to complete a newsletter. This has been going on for at least half a year. I have not seen any improvement.

We also have this problem in Chrome. If the item being dragged is not in the middle of the screen, the newsletter/ email etc scrolls uncontrollably to the top or bottom of the item. We are also still getting considerable delays when typing/deleting text. The cursor stops then accelerates. I would say it adds 10% working time to every item.

Hello @AmyP238 and @OACP,

Thank you for that information and I will be sure to provide this for our engineers! We are currently aware of this issue and are working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible. Thanks again! 

Zoe H.