Re: Fix survey links

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We have been using surveys for several years, however, this last survey had serious link issues. The short URL from the "Share" from the campaign page would provide a different long URL, and would go to a page that stated the survey had already been taken by the user. The long URL within the actual survey campaign, once published, would also go to that same message or give a 404 page. If a user actually got to the survey, after the first page they would see an error message "We're sorry, but there was an error in processing your request. Please try again (SRES_015)".

This is a huge issue as this survey was sent to over 500 people, and we use the surveys for our mandatory reporting.

I followed up on chat to resolve the issue - it was not resolved. I was told that only URLs with /start at the end would collect data and that Constant Contact (CC) was having issues with URLs that ended with /questions. BUT the URL with /start at the end also did not work. All I was told in chat was CC was working on implementing a new third-party survey tool but no ETA was available!

Needless to say I immediately shut down the survey, we can't do our final reporting, and we have to field a multitude of questions about why the survey did not work.

This needs a resolution and a solid ETA for a reliable survey tool from CC.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi @NCCIH 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I can understand how important it is for your survey to correctly collect the results from your contacts. I apologize for the experience you've had with your survey's URL.  

You are correct, we recommend sharing the URL that ends with /start instead. I have taken a look at your account and can see the URL mentioned in your chat ends with /questions. However it's also important to note the best option to send out a survey so responses are recorded is through a survey invitation email. With that said, although we are always happy to troubleshoot, we are unable to test your URL at this time because the survey has been closed. If you wish to try the survey tool again, we'd be happy to check everything over to make sure this doesn't happen again. As for the new survey tool you mentioned, at this time we don't have any information to share about when this would be available.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Well, attempting again today, using the URL that ends in /start BUT it gets redirected to an URL that ends in /questions!!!

WHY is it getting redirected? I can't trust this URL, therefore I can't trust running the survey.

Fixes?

Highlighted

Hi @NCCIH 

Thank you for following up with us on this! I have taken a look at your account and can see you also spoke with our Chat Support about this. This agent was able to explain readers are redirected to a URL with “/questions" after clicking the "/start" URL because there is no greeting page created. Instead they are brought directly to the end page to answer your survey questions. If there was a greeting page set up they would’ve redirected to "/greetings" instead. With that said, have you received any reports of your contacts receiving the same error as before? I have sent myself a copy of your email and was able to view your survey without an error message. In fact you have received 58 survey responses out of 57 clicks on the survey URL in your email. It looks like this survey has been successful!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Meet the New Constant Contact

ctct_ripple_logo_icon_blue_orange.pngConstant Contact is Bigger. Better. Smarter. Check out our new look and Power On!

Read More
Featured