The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Re-Subscribe someone when they signup for an Event.

Highlighted
Developer

Re-Subscribe someone when they signup for an Event.

Could you please investigate linking signup for one of our Events to automatically re-subscribing someone - if they had previously unsubscribed? Constant Contact Events are amazing and they are the lifeblood of our business, but a real stumbling block is that when someone signs up for one of our Events - usually as the result of our marketing efforts on Facebook - we are blocked from sending them followup information if they had previously unsubscribed from our email contact list. We need a streamlined way to ensure they receive information necessary to fully get the benefit of the Event they have joined. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Re-Subscribe someone when they signup for an Event.

Hello @PunchCard,

I can absolutely add you to the list of people who are requesting this.  I can understand how difficult it can be to get information to people who have previously unsubscribed, and all of our systems tend towards honoring the anti-spam regulations as much as possible.  This means that when someone actually does unsubscribe, it's generally a person-by-person interaction to re-subscribe them.

Alternately, if one of your unsubscribed contacts fills out one of the standard sign-up-forms, or Lead Generation Landing pages, the system does automatically send a resubscribe request to that address.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Developer

I am addressing this to Aaron_H  CTCT Employee:

What you have said is illogical (years ago, my daughter honored me by saying: "Dad you sound just like Mr. Spock"), and the reason for that is - you said: "... if one of your unsubscribed contacts fills out one of the standard sign-up-forms, or Lead Generation Landing pages, the system does automatically send a resubscribe request to that address."  Our Contact signs up for an event, pays for the event!, all using the standard CC sign up forms for sign up and payment - yet your system does NOT send a re-subscribe request.  I think I understand the anti spam regulations (at least as much as a mere mortal can understand the labyrinthine output from the exalted Ivory Tower), and it would seem to me that when someone signs up for an event, and pays for the event, that they expect, even demand, to receive communication about the event.

Please try to work this out to streamline everything for everyone.

Respectfully submitted,

Chuck

Webmaster

Banded Living,  LLC

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @PunchCard,

I honestly see how this process is rather illogical.  The alternate option I offered was meant to be another way of someone being resubscribed, it was not intended as an explanation for why the event tool does not have the ability to resubscribe.  I agree that it seems like people paying for an event is a rather definitive way of confirming that they want emails about that event, and personally I don't think anyone but the original engineers know.  I know that our event integrations with other systems do work as expected with contacts who have opted-out, and we're going to keep passing on these requests to the design team.

I do know that we've done quite a bit to improve and deepen our integration with Eventbrite.  Through that, you could have contacts signing up for events, receiving the correct 'Thank you' or other transaction based emails, without the contact having to resubscribe to your general newsletter.  Again, this isn't a fix to the problem, just an intermediate option while we continue working on improving our system in general.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Developer

I will NOT accept your answer as a solution.  I do appreciate that you did read my first reply, and I appreciate my concern being forwarded to the development team. I must say though that I think my request should be expedited since it involves PAYING CUSTOMERS, and that concern is greatly differentiated from requests to let's say change the color of borders or some such other nicety.

Thank you for attempt to help - now please escalate my case to someone who has the "juice" to actually implement the changes.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured