Re: suspended email addresses

MeghanF6
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi-- I watched your video about suspended email addresses, saying that an email is suspended after an unsuccessful try or two. I have emails that bounced and were called "suspended" the first time I sent to that address. What's the deal? Does your system include anytime any of your clients tried to email the person I'm trying to reach? If it's based solely on our account, then something is broken. It shouldn't bounce an address and call it suspended on the first try, right?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MeghanF6 ,

Yes, suspended addresses in our system are addresses that either you or other customers of ours have tried to send to in the past, that has bounced as non-existent. Make sure to check out our main article on suspended bounces for additional insight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MeghanF6
Rookie
0 Votes

Yeah, but it shows it was suspended on the very first time I emailed this member, not after a failed try to email. I need you to remove this person from the suspended list, as he wrote me wondering where his emails were. I had no problem emailing him from my organization's email or from my personal email.

Plus, how much effort and clogging of your works could it possibly be for your platform to send out an automated email to a previously unsuccessful recipient? I don't know that I understand the concept. What I do know is that we pay you to deliver emails to the list we send you, the whole list, not some subset you choose. I expect you to attempt to deliver to everyone I ask you to, whether it's to a previously bounced address or not. Isn't refusing to send an email as effortful as sending one to a suspended account? I can't imagine, considering the automation, that either really slows you down or gums up your works. I need to count on you to try to deliver each email to each address.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Please follow the unsuspension process outlined in the earlier linked article. If you continue to have issues after doing so, please reach out to our general support so they can securely collect the contact's info and unsuspend them administratively. 

If our system continues to try to send emails to an address that continuously bounces as "non-existent" (as reported by the address's ISP), it can potentially harm sending reputations of ours, as well as our customers, which can affect overall delivery. The suspension is an automated system in place to protect both.  If you have additional concerns about the suspension system, or need more specifics, please reach out to the Delivery team.

William A
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Additionally, if the contact continued to bounce even after an administrative unsuspension, then there's not much else we can do from our end. They may need to look into safelisting your emails or safelisting our domains. You may also need to look into switching to self-authentication for your emails as well if that ends up being the case.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST