Recall email

Participant

Recall email

Hello, 

There is a way I can recall email for people who didn't open the message ? 

Regards, 

Virginie

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hello @YvesL75,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I already responded in another feed, but I wanted to respond here to make sure you received my message. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to recall messages once they are already in your customer's inbox. We completely understand why you would like to recall messages though, so I would like to track your feedback on this! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I would love if CC would implement this. I just made a mistake and wasn't able to do anything about it but send a second email as an apology. I know that other email services allow for this sort of thing and would really appreciate CC doing the same thing. 

Hello @shanetbarclay ,

If an email is currently scheduled, it can be cancelled, but if it's already been sent out, we are unable to recall the email at all. Essentially, it's tantamount to us hacking into the recipients' inboxes to remove it, or would require us to explicitly reach out to the plethora of email clients (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.) to ask them to try and remove the email.

Some ESPs may retain a sending delay as a way to provide last-minute "undo's" for their customers, but generally speaking this is not a common practice industry-wide. This is why we encourage using test sends, previews, spell checking, etc. to ensure your emails are good to go before they're scheduled or sent right away.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.