Recall or live edit Sent email campaigns

CentralExchange
Rookie

How do I recall or live edit email campaigns that have already been sent?

Constant Contact makes it WAY TOO difficult to actually talk to a representative instead of a machine.

7 REPLIES 7
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CentralExchange. It looks like you may have called into our Support team shortly after posting here but I wanted to reply in case another customer has a similar question.

Once an email has been sent, we are not able to recall it. You are able to unschedule campaigns that are scheduled to go out. If you did want to make changes to a sent email, you can make a copy of the campaign, make your changes and then send it to your contacts. 

copyemail.png

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

Will this resend to everyone all over again or will it only send to those who have not yet opened the email?

Jon_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @HOTInternalComms ,

You are correct! If you make a copy of the email and schedule it to a list, it will send the campaign to all the contacts within that list even though some might have already received it. 

If you would like to send the campaign to those contacts who didn't open your campaign, then I would suggest creating a list of contacts that did not open and the scheduling the campaign to that list.

Jon_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
AllianceON
Campaign Collaborator

I have the same problem. There was a misspelling of someone's name in a newsletter I sent yesterday. I don't want to re-send it to. What I would like to be able to do is fix the copy that resides on the Constant Contact website so that at least when someone clicks "view in your browser" it would bring them to a corrected version. 

ScotM1
Campaign Collaborator

This would be such a simple solution and really don't understand why Constant Contact has not made this possible.

JennyR350
Rookie
0 Votes

I too would like to be able to edit the copy of an existing email campaign is this simple task not possible? Are we able to add to a campaign or do we have to copy make our additions and restart the campaign? 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JennyR350,

You are correct! You have to make a copy of the campaign in order to add to it or make any changes. It is completely possible. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST