Recipients who click every link

SOLVED
Go to solution
JimS373

Recipients who click every link

What's it mean when the report shows some recipients clicking every link within an email? 

I haven't dug into it deeply, but it seems to be the same few recipients. And it's every (or most every) link, even if there are hundreds of links in the email.

I don't find it credible that humans are intentionally clicking so many links. There's probably something funky happening with their email client or the way Constant Contact is interpreting activity. But what? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_D

Hello @JimS373 ,

If the same set of contacts are regularly opening and clicking throughout the entirety of your links all within the same minute, they're likely using a security program that explicitly clicks the links to check their safety.

Our devs are still looking into ways our system can prevent reporting for such clicks from our end, however it is an explicit issue being caused by third party programs run by the contacts (or their IT teams). I've submitted your case to our devs, so if and when they have an update regarding this they'll notify you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @JimS373 ,

If the same set of contacts are regularly opening and clicking throughout the entirety of your links all within the same minute, they're likely using a security program that explicitly clicks the links to check their safety.

Our devs are still looking into ways our system can prevent reporting for such clicks from our end, however it is an explicit issue being caused by third party programs run by the contacts (or their IT teams). I've submitted your case to our devs, so if and when they have an update regarding this they'll notify you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post