The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Reducing contact plan

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Reducing contact plan

Due to Covid, I am making major changes in my business and the way I work. I'd like to reduce my service plan as I will not be working for a while and haven't used Constant Contact at all in 2020.  

How can I delete my contacts to be less than 5000 contacts to lower the cost of my plan?   

Does Constant Contact offer a way to "rest" my account if I am not using it? 

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Reducing contact plan

Hello @Savvy_Style ,

In your case I think a better method than wiping out your contacts (though you should of course be getting rid of bounces our system recommends for removal), would be to put your account on suspension.

While on suspension you can effectively still work in your account, and keep your data stored. You'd still be able to create campaigns, manage contacts, etc. The major restrictions would be that you'd be unable to still collect data, your active campaigns (sign up forms, automation, events and surveys) would be paused, and you won't be able to publish anything new.

At your current contact level the suspension price would likely be $10/month, and this would first be taken out of any prepaid balance you already have. For more information or to get started I'd recommend you reach out to our Billing team. Otherwise we can also submit a ticket with a 1-2 business day turnaround, if you're unable to call in.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Reducing contact plan

Hello @Savvy_Style ,

In your case I think a better method than wiping out your contacts (though you should of course be getting rid of bounces our system recommends for removal), would be to put your account on suspension.

While on suspension you can effectively still work in your account, and keep your data stored. You'd still be able to create campaigns, manage contacts, etc. The major restrictions would be that you'd be unable to still collect data, your active campaigns (sign up forms, automation, events and surveys) would be paused, and you won't be able to publish anything new.

At your current contact level the suspension price would likely be $10/month, and this would first be taken out of any prepaid balance you already have. For more information or to get started I'd recommend you reach out to our Billing team. Otherwise we can also submit a ticket with a 1-2 business day turnaround, if you're unable to call in.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Reducing contact plan open ticket

Thank you for your helpful reply. I would like to open a ticket to put my account on suspension. Would you please advise how I can do this? Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Reducing contact plan open ticket

Hello @Savvy_Style ,

For sure, I went ahead and got a ticket submitted to our Billing team to get your account suspended. Depending on the size of their queue, it may take longer than the normal 1-2 business days to respond back. If you're needing a quicker response, then calling in would still be the quickest.

William D

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured