Remove contacts from a contact list: Remove older contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
KelvinP5
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, I have a fresh list of contacts and want to clash that against an old list and delete the old list. If I click delete list and contacts on the old list do I loose the open rates/data/clicks on the new list? I would love it I could delete the old list and contacts and still have the data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KelvinP5 ,

Deleting a contact from your account just removes them as a contact that you can send to, or that would apply to later subscription renewals. You won't be able to view those individual contact records since they're deleted, but if you re-upload them their engagement notes would be restored for viewability. The email campaigns they were already sent will still retain their reporting data, deleted contacts would just show with strikethroughs in their data set. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KelvinP5 ,

Deleting a contact from your account just removes them as a contact that you can send to, or that would apply to later subscription renewals. You won't be able to view those individual contact records since they're deleted, but if you re-upload them their engagement notes would be restored for viewability. The email campaigns they were already sent will still retain their reporting data, deleted contacts would just show with strikethroughs in their data set. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST