Repeat Mailings

SOLVED
Go to solution
KunoE
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have several information emails that I send out to all new customers. I do this every 3 to 4 weeks as I accumulate new registrations. I used to be able to resend each message to the new list just by deleting the email addresses in the existing list and uploading the new ones. Now when I do that the process errors out, saying "there were no eligible contacts" even though all the new contacts are in there. Can anyone shed some light on this? I don't want to keep copying campaigns to resend them if at all possible.

Thanks

Kuno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @KunoE ,

To build off of what Zoe said, if you're doing a Resend to New Contacts, and any of your "new" uploads are contacts that have already received the email, then the system won't send to those other contacts. If you've deleted and re-added any contacts that were already sent the email in the past, then the system simply wouldn't send it to them, but after awhile it's possible that all the new contacts added were in fact already part of that list / sendout.

The main way get around this would be to at the very least copy a master template you've created, and send that as a new email to your list(s). Another potential option is to do a Quicksend of the email (assuming you're sending to less than 500 at a time), which will override the built-in send history restrictions of the Resend to New Contacts method.

If you don't believe this to be the situation, and neither of the workarounds suggested work for your needs, please reply directly to the @ mention email you receive from this reply with your username, the name of the list(s) being sent to, and the name of the email being sent. Or you can also call our general support for live, 1:1 assistance troubleshooting as well.

See also:

Resending overview

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KunoE,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. That error message will only appear if those contacts have already received that email in the original send. It does appear that you will want to create a copy of the email and send it to the new list to get around this error message. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @KunoE ,

To build off of what Zoe said, if you're doing a Resend to New Contacts, and any of your "new" uploads are contacts that have already received the email, then the system won't send to those other contacts. If you've deleted and re-added any contacts that were already sent the email in the past, then the system simply wouldn't send it to them, but after awhile it's possible that all the new contacts added were in fact already part of that list / sendout.

The main way get around this would be to at the very least copy a master template you've created, and send that as a new email to your list(s). Another potential option is to do a Quicksend of the email (assuming you're sending to less than 500 at a time), which will override the built-in send history restrictions of the Resend to New Contacts method.

If you don't believe this to be the situation, and neither of the workarounds suggested work for your needs, please reply directly to the @ mention email you receive from this reply with your username, the name of the list(s) being sent to, and the name of the email being sent. Or you can also call our general support for live, 1:1 assistance troubleshooting as well.

See also:

Resending overview

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST