Resend Options for Automated Series

Occasional Participant

Resend Options for Automated Series

I have an automated series comprised of one email that has a "Click here to begin". After the user clicks, they have different options based on their interests so one automated series was not enough. 

My many question is how do I re-send this initial automated email to users who do not open it to get started? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @EdwardP102 ,

If you need to begin the cycle anew, and your initial one-step auto series is based on List Join, you should be able to remove the contact from the applicable list, then automatically add them back, thus triggering that initial auto series for them again.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Hi William,

Thanks for the information. I am familiar with re-adding someone to my base list. Is there an automated process so that it will be done automatically? Similar to the re-send to non-openers feature? Thanks

Employee

Hi EdwardP102!

At this time there is not a Resend to Non-openers Option available for Email Automation. I have tracked this request for you and we will send an email once this feature has been updated. In the meantime check out the workarounds below.

Click Trigger And Open Trigger: 

• Look at the reporting and make a list from the Did not Open report
  • Copy the campaign
  • Schedule the initial email out to the new list of non-openers

Automated Series:

• Copy the campaign and the new list 
  • Activate the series and select the option to send it to existing contacts on the list

Send As A Regular Email Campaign:

• Copy the email out of the series
  • Schedule it to send to the new list and select the Resend to Non-openers option

We also have a dedicated Automation Team who can take a closer look at your campaign and help troubleshoot other options. 

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.