Resend a campaign to contacts with corrected email adresses

SOLVED
Go to solution
TaxiMan
Rookie
0 Votes

I sent a campaign this morning to a group of contacts and have discovered typos in a couple of the bounced email addresses. The campaign was set up to resend to non-openers on Saturday. If I correct the two email addresses, what happens? Do they get resent to the correct addresses during the scheduled resend? If I want them to get sent before Saturday, do I have to set up a new campaign to just the corrected emails? And what happens to them during the scheduled resend from this morning's campaign?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Have you tried doing a manual Quicksend to these contacts or a Resend to New Contacts yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TaxiMan ,

If you update the contacts as is, and their email addresses aren't locked in from Compliance elements, then they should still be affected by the resend. Otherwise, if the contacts' addresses have to be corrected by uploading the correct address as an entirely new contact, and deleting the dud one, you can use the manual resend option for targeting new contact additions.

William A
TaxiMan
Rookie
0 Votes

Not sure what "Compliance elements" refers to, William. And upon checking the resend results, I can see that the contacts whose email addresses I corrected were NOT included. I'm confused.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

So the contacts were edited to have different email addresses, or you uploaded new contacts with the correct email address?

William A
TaxiMan
Rookie
0 Votes

Contacts were edited to have different email addresses.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Have you tried doing a manual Quicksend to these contacts or a Resend to New Contacts yet?

William A
TaxiMan
Rookie
0 Votes

Didn't know about those - thanks! I just successfully used Quicksend (although it gave the wrong count of email addresses being sent to - I only selected one, and it said it would send to three -- even though it only listed the one). Appreciate your assistance, William!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST