The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Resubscribing with no sign-up form

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Resubscribing with no sign-up form

What can we do when the resubscribe function is not working and we do not use sign-up forms for our organization? We send proprietary emails, therefore, we do not have a generic sign-up form on our website to receive emails from us. Instead, we use contact information from our member database, which is maintained in different software.

I have attempted to send resubscribe notices using the "resubscribe" function, but the user never received an email with instructions to resubscribe. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Resubscribing with no sign-up form

Hey there @FDPTA thanks for reaching out to us today!

We're sorry to hear you're coming across some difficulties when resubscribing your contacts. When resubscribing a contact, you will only be able to send one resubscribe email to that specific contact. When you say that this feature is not working, is it not appearing at all for those unsubscribed contacts or are those contacts not clicking the resubscribe link within the email?

To comply with our permission policy, and the CAN-SPAM Act we require that all contacts (including unsubscribed contacts who want to resubscribe back on your mailing list!) give you either express or explicit permission to email them. It may be best for you to reach out to our Account Review team to see what options you have to resubscribe these contacts. Click here to contact our Account Review team.

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

You asked:  When you say that this feature is not working, is it not appearing at all for those unsubscribed contacts or are those contacts not clicking the resubscribe link within the email?

I clicked the "resubscribe" feature for the contact who unsubscribed, and she never received an email with instructions to resubscribe. We searched her entire email inbox, including spam.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Employee

Hello @FDPTA,

I apologize that your customer never received the resubscribe email. Your next step would be to get her permission sent to you by email in your personal email inbox, from the email address you are trying to resubscribe, and then give our List Review department a call. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, because we have such a strict permission policy we do need to receive her permission. Thank you!

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I understand the need to receive permission to email outside contacts, but the person that I'm trying to resubscribe is our employee. Is there a different process for this? 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Employee

Hello @FDPTA,

I do apologize, but unfortunately we do not have a different process for people who are apart of your company. The easiest way to solve this issue is for our us to receive an email that is from the email address in question with them asking to be put back on your Constant Contact list.  

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured