The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Review and Update Contact Profile

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Review and Update Contact Profile

Hello:

Is there a way that we can have a link on our Web Site or Facebook Page that allows a contact to view and update their profile?  I'd prefer not to send everyone an email asking them to use the 'Update Profile' link attached to the email.  

Thanks.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Review and Update Contact Profile

Hello @Stone_Harbor_Museum,

Instead of sending an email and using the update profile link you could create a Lead Generation Landing Page. You can update the wording on the form to state they are updating profile instead of becoming a new contact. Anyone who signs in with this for and is already a contact, their record would be updated. Anyone who is not in your contacts would be added as anew contact. The lead generation page has a full URL link that can be added to a website or button for universal access.

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tim:

The Lead Generation Page is good for new contacts, but if existing contacts change their information, CC will create a new contact for them.  We need a way for people to view their existing contact information and change it online.

This problem seems to have come up often over the last few years.  When can we expect to see this feature available?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi @Stone_Harbor_Museum 

The good news is our system recognizes contacts by their email address. This feature helps avoid creating any duplicates and allows contact details to be updated if an existing contact signs up again through a new sign-up form. Contacts also have the option of updating their information themselves through the Update Profile link in the footer of their emails. You can customize your Update Profile Form to display the information you want to capture and add the mailing list options your contacts can choose from.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello:

What if someone wants to change their email address?  Now there will be two contacts in the DB - one with the new and one with the old email address.  We won't know the old address is bad until it bounces.

As for asking people to maintain their profile using the 'Update Profile' link in the footer.....how are we to send people emails to people asking them to update their email address - if the email address we have on file is bad?  

This is a problem that definitely needs to be fixed.  We should be able to provide a link on our web site where people can pull up their profile - make changes - and save it.  

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @Stone_Harbor_Museum,

I can definitely add you to the feature request asking for more options for providing that update-profile link, however there are a few complications.  The biggest problem is that of course your contacts do not have any security measure associated with their profiles.  This means that the only way for them to update that information, is by clicking on a link sent to their address specifically.  If you use any other form of verification, they would need to have a password, or some other method of ensuring that pranksters, strangers, or people with malicious intent could not edit their information incorrectly.

Aaron_H

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured