Revising a Template so that it looks good on a desktop and on a mobile phone

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephenv5
Rookie
0 Votes

We just paid a freelance person to build us a Constant Contact template. It is built with two columns and looks great on a desktop. But, the client is asking for space to be removed from ONE side of the template when it is viewed on a mobile phone. My boss said the change can be made to the code on the one side and not affect the other side. He also said the side that doesn’t need space removed will not be affected if the template is edited using code. Does anyone know how to edit a template so it will look good on a desktop and on a mobile phone? Thank you, Theresa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Stephenv5 ,

It doesn't look like the email was built using custom code, so I'm not sure why you were told to change the code. 

For best practices on designing emails for mobile viewing

For advice on creating emails using the Cross-Platform Editor

If you'd like more direct guidance on editing your campaign, I'd recommend calling our general support for live, 1:1 assistance and screensharing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Stephenv5 ,

It doesn't look like the email was built using custom code, so I'm not sure why you were told to change the code. 

For best practices on designing emails for mobile viewing

For advice on creating emails using the Cross-Platform Editor

If you'd like more direct guidance on editing your campaign, I'd recommend calling our general support for live, 1:1 assistance and screensharing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST