SMS - No Way To Upload List?

SOLVED
Go to solution
HeatherP31
Rookie

Just subscribed to SMS only to find out you can't upload a list or text your current users. It looks like the only way to text people is for them to manually go and opt in to text messaging - is this correct? If so, this is a HUGE disappointment, because we already have a list of 6000 phone numbers from supporters that have opted in via our website. Other texting platforms allow this, too, so I really hope this is something CC changes soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

For the SMS setup, there's going to be a separate SMS number and consent date field. Those have to be included with a contact as a separate thing in order to utilize them with SMS, for both legal and compliance reasons. If you need instructions for setting up the SMS number and consent date fields properly, you can find that here, or by clicking on the link in the article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HeatherP31 ,

Here's instructions on importing your SMS contacts into your account.

William A
HeatherP31
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William, my contacts are already uploaded with phone numbers into constant contact. How do I text them? 

Or do I have to re-upload all my contacts with a consent date? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

For the SMS setup, there's going to be a separate SMS number and consent date field. Those have to be included with a contact as a separate thing in order to utilize them with SMS, for both legal and compliance reasons. If you need instructions for setting up the SMS number and consent date fields properly, you can find that here, or by clicking on the link in the article.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST