We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

SSL certificates for Landing Pages

Candice614
Consulting & Training

SSL certificates for Landing Pages

Hi! 

I am not a developer but asking about SSL certificates. I am wondering if there is an SSL "update" or "provision" for Constant Contact Landing Pages?

With another platform subscription we use, they are telling us we need to spend $$ to update our SSL certificates to accommodate the following:

Google began rolling this update as of September 2020 (v85) that blocks HTTP content (images, audio, video) rendered in an HTTPS site. 

Note: There has been a security change that Google Chrome implemented, which Chrome has roughly 47% of browser marketing share in the US. You all have 1 SAP, but 0 SSLs. This change in Chrome's security is a big one in the industry. It impacts all marketing automation tools. In the financial services industry, it is almost industry standard to have SSLs on all your marketing communication - 1 for text and 1 for images. Please review the information below & the SSL link to get insight into how this will impact you. 

Since we also use Constant Contact, I am wondering if this SSL issue exists in an Constant Contact products like Landing Pages, Surveys, Emails, etc. if so, does the cost get passed onto the customers as part of a subscription cost? Or is the cost absorbed by Constant Contact?

Many thanks!

Kelley

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @Candice614 ,

We apologize for the late response, as our web builder and other related teams were checking on this change to ensure we were getting you accurate info. Our SSL certificates for landing pages are 100% compliant with Chrome, and you are not charged extra for that at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.