We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Scheduled email campaign not being sent?

MaryF096
Participant

Scheduled email campaign not being sent?

On Friday evening I scheduled an email campaign to be sent when Constant Contact suggested the next best time at 4pm yesterday Saturday.  It was never sent.  This morning I rescheduled the email campaign to be sent today, Sunday, at 12pm.  It was not sent again.  We last sent an email newsletter using this campaign format in March 2020. 

The only thing I can figure out as being a possible block to sending is the email campaign was created using an old format.  If Constant Contact was build well and thoughtfully, it would go through some pre-checks on the campaign and notify me that it could not be scheduled because of the old format and that it needs to be redone or updated.  Otherwise, I am at a loss?  Any suggestions or recommendations?

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @MaryF096 ,

We've noticed intermittent issues with some legacy campaigns not sending when scheduled for nighttime deliveries (related to the lag issues we've seen for the old editor). Typically this is alleviated / avoided by sending legacy emails during daytime hours or just sending them right away as opposed to scheduling them for later. Or to just use the current, up-to-date editor, which it looks like you already have experience with. Since the legacy editor is being retired in waves, our engineers can't guarantee there will be a fix for this intermittent issue prior to it being retired fully.

Ultimately, if you need to get this legacy email sent out, and can't get it easily shifted over into the current editor in a timely manner, then I'd suggest sending it out right away instead of scheduling for later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
RichardB871
Participant

My email - which I spent hours converting to your new *required* editor - also did not send to anyone. I sent 3 separate copies through the test send (none arrived after 4 hours); I sent one copy through a test distribution list (none arrived after 2 hours). This is not looking hopeful.

Hello @RichardB871 ,

Did you check your email client's spam filter to make sure the test emails didn't get filtered to there? Additionally, I'm seeing the live-test you sent as being sent to and even opened. It also looks like the email you sent this morning was sent and has been opened. If you continue to have issues with either the test send or live sends, it may be worth reaching out to Deliverability for more in-depth troubleshooting.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.