Scheduling emails before they're created

Participant

Scheduling emails before they're created

Good morning,

I am trying to create an email campaign by copying the last campaign I created and it is requiring me to schedule a delivery date. Is there any way to turn this off or bypass it? I create emails for my boss to send and he adds some content and sends it when he feels it should go out. If I add a day and time it could send before he enters his content....

Thank you,

Danielle 

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @dj1154 ,

The pre-scheduling tool is directly tied into the Calendar View for the sake of managing the scheduling of various campaigns. With that said, a campaign cannot send out without a list selected and thus your email will not get sent out if it's still in Draft beyond the date/time you set up the pre-schedule.

I did get your feedback submitted to our engineers, who will reach out if and when there's an update. In the meantime, you needn't worry about any of your emails being sent prematurely.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thank you!

Hello @dj1154,

We are happy William was able to help! Have a great rest of your week. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hello @dj1154 ,

This is just a follow up that our engineers updated the email pre-scheduler to only appear if you're using the Calendar view of the My Campaign's screen when you Create a post. Otherwise the regular list view should no longer prompt a pre-schedule.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this topic.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.