Security Certificate for lp.constantcontactpages.com is invalid message

MargaretG412
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

This is the error message in some locations: Your connection isn't private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from lp.constantcontactpages.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID Question: Has the security certificate been updated and it is propagated everywhere or is it going down and it hasn't happened everywhere yet?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MargaretG412 ,

Due to the visits tracking needed for landing pages' reporting, some browser extensions, security apps, and ad/pop-up blockers will erroneously display this message. Typically they allow a visitor to simply click to continue to the site, but others may require wholly safelisting our regularly used domains to keep their algorithms satisfied.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MargaretG412 ,

Due to the visits tracking needed for landing pages' reporting, some browser extensions, security apps, and ad/pop-up blockers will erroneously display this message. Typically they allow a visitor to simply click to continue to the site, but others may require wholly safelisting our regularly used domains to keep their algorithms satisfied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MargaretG412
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

This not going to work. The certificate for  lp.constantcontactpages.com is not valid and does not match the url. When I follow a link from my company computer I get the following message from DNS Watchguard:

WEBSITE BLOCKED

Oops! We think you clicked on a phish!

It looks like you clicked on something dangerous and we have protected you from it.

Please work through this exercise to learn how phishing attacks work and what you can do to identify and avoid them. If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk (x6626) or someone in IT Department for assistance.

There are many other organizations who use DNS Watchguard and our IT dept is not going to unblock this unless the certificate matches. You need to fix this. Thanks.

FYI- when I tried  to post this reply with the link, I got this message from you:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I was able to open all of your landing pages without issue on my side on my work device, as well as open the direct URLs without issue on my personal devices with the various security programs, ad/pop-up blockers, and VPNs I have active across all my devices. No address bar warnings, device sidebar pop-ups, nor browser error pages showed when I tested all the landing pages.

With this in mind, I'd advise reaching out to your organization's IT for further assistance addressing this, or seeing what further info they can gleam from the error messaging / codes. If they need to add additional domains of ours to their safelisting setups, please refer them to this article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST