Segmenting Audience by those NOT on List

Occasional Contributor

Segmenting Audience by those NOT on List

I would like to create a segment of my audience that includes everyone except for those on a single list. There is an option to segment by only those that are on a specific list, and to only email to those people, but I would like to send to everyone except for those who are on that list. They may be on other lists as well, so I can't just send to all lists except for that list.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Segmenting Audience by those NOT on List

Hello and thank you for reaching out to The Community! I’m afraid at this time our Segments Tool does not an option for “Not on a Specific List”. That being said we can assist you in creating the list manually to send to.

If you would like to send to everyone except for a single list (Let's call it "List B" for this walk through) we will first need to create a new “All Contacts” List. We can do this quickly by Merging all of your current lists. This will still leave your original lists intact as they were. Once we have the new “All Contacts” list we will want to Remove "List B" (Contacts we are not sending to) from it. After those contacts are removed you will be left with a list of the desired contacts! If there is anything else we can assist with please do not hesitate to reach back out!

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured