Segmenting by age group

SOLVED
Go to solution
user754486
Rookie

How can I segment an email list by different age groups?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @user754486 ,

If you've uploaded your contacts with an "age group" custom field, you can use segmentation to narrow down that information against other contact field parameters. Otherwise you can also just search for that info.

If you haven't uploaded any information pertaining to "age groups" among your contacts, then you'd need to do that first in order for our system to be able to search/segment that info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator

Hello @user754486 ,

If you've uploaded your contacts with an "age group" custom field, you can use segmentation to narrow down that information against other contact field parameters. Otherwise you can also just search for that info.

If you haven't uploaded any information pertaining to "age groups" among your contacts, then you'd need to do that first in order for our system to be able to search/segment that info.

William A
YrisP
Rookie

Hellos that app no accept more than 10 criterios(add block) how would I do for ages between 25-30 for example, fill prompt with > or <. I have tried by different ways y error.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @YrisP ,

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. Are you having issues with the segmentation criteria? What is the exact error you're encountering?

William A
user8146624
Rookie
0 Votes

You should try using a custom field filter for Age Range (or any other filter name you choose), with this Criteria Section, for example: Contains 36–45 OR Contains 46–55 (with a dash, not a hyphen, between the age range numbers).1.png

user3591062
Rookie

I tried this way !! Don't work!! I need to segment contacts between the ages of 36 and 55. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST