Segments can only pull data till 2018, but I started using CC in 2010, but can not segment them

SzilviaG
Rookie
0 Votes

Segments can only pull data till 2018, but I started using CC in 2010, but can not segment those people added 2010-2018.

Very disappointing as I can only segment half my list.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @SzilviaG ,

At the moment you're right, the Contact Details > Date Added segment criteria cannot go back further than 5 years ago the day of creation / refreshing. For example, you wouldn't be able to create a segment today that included Contact Details > Date Added > January 10, 2018 or sooner. 

That said, contacts added before 2018 are still available for your segments, depending on the segmentation types you make. For example, if you made a segment of Contact Activity > Engagement > Least Engaged AND Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Any Email > In the last > 90 days - that would still include contacts added before 2018.

I've tracked the general feature request for improvements to the Segmentation tool with your details and my own testing added to its notes. The only workaround I can suggest for you in the meantime would be to utilize different segmentation criteria, or possibly make a list of all contacts added before 2023 (as an example) so you can quickly have that list pulled into your criteria whenever you need it.

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SzilviaG ,

At the moment you're right, the Contact Details > Date Added segment criteria cannot go back further than 5 years ago the day of creation / refreshing. For example, you wouldn't be able to create a segment today that included Contact Details > Date Added > January 10, 2018 or sooner. 

That said, contacts added before 2018 are still available for your segments, depending on the segmentation types you make. For example, if you made a segment of Contact Activity > Engagement > Least Engaged AND Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Any Email > In the last > 90 days - that would still include contacts added before 2018.

I've tracked the general feature request for improvements to the Segmentation tool with your details and my own testing added to its notes. The only workaround I can suggest for you in the meantime would be to utilize different segmentation criteria, or possibly make a list of all contacts added before 2023 (as an example) so you can quickly have that list pulled into your criteria whenever you need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SzilviaG
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply! I tried that, but the problem is... if you make a segment of Contact Activity > Engagement > Least Engaged AND Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Any Email > In the last > 90 days - that would still include contacts added before 2018.

That it does include the 2010 contacts, but it also includes those I just added last week.

Ideally I want to filter those inactive people who are on my list for at least 3 months ( since I started with Constant Contact - 2010) and have not opened anything in the last 3 months. How can I achieve that?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The only ay to go about doing this is by adding the segment with the suggested criteria to a list, then sorting that list by date added and manually removing those more recently added contacts.

William A
SzilviaG
Rookie
0 Votes

I tried that too, but when I export the list it alfabetize it 😉 So I have 11.000+ emails in random order. Is there a way to export them by date?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Well, you can either sort via the UI, or if you are exporting the file you can just use whatever spreadsheet program you prefer to sort by date added.

William A
SzilviaG
Rookie
0 Votes

HOw can I sort them by date in xcel?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I found this when doing a search for "sorting by date in Excel." My assistance on anything outside of our system is going to be limited based on service recommendation compliance. If it involves a program outside our system I'd recommend doing an internet search for it to find additional guidance and info, or utilizing the program's internal Help functionality if it has one.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST