Send birthday wishes to two people (a couple) with the same email address

SOLVED
Go to solution
AlainB37
Rookie
0 Votes

Good day,

I have some clients who are a couple and I wish to send them a separate birthday wish but they have the same email address as part of my contacts.  How can I separate their birthdate while being on the same contact?  If I were to create two separate contacts with the same email address, I would run into the same problem.  I tried creating a custom field but I am not really sure how to convert it into a separate line item.

Example:  they also have two separate birthdays but they have the same email address.  If I send a birthday wish to Alain, I also want to send a birthday wish to Marjorie as well, but the same email address prevents me.

Can you help.

Thanks

Alain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AlainB37 ,

Since a unique email address is what denotes a unique contact, there isn't really a way to go about doing this for both people. You'd need an email for one and a separate for the other in order for the automated birthday email functionality to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AlainB37 ,

Since a unique email address is what denotes a unique contact, there isn't really a way to go about doing this for both people. You'd need an email for one and a separate for the other in order for the automated birthday email functionality to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST