Send welcome email to manually added contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
KumailJ
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi there,

I've setup automated welcome emails in the past and things worked out well. 

For some reason, I've activated a new welcome email associated to a list, and whenever I add contacts to the list, the welcome email is not triggered. 

I've tried to remove and re-add contacts. I've tried to re-do the whole automated email. 

Not sure how else to trouble shoot this. 

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KumailJ ,

Do you have multiple welcome emails active? True welcome emails only trigger off of sign up form additions, not manual list additions / uploads from you. An automation series (as in one that can potentially have multiple steps) would be needed for list addition triggers beyond just a sign up form add.

See also:

Automation overview

Automation creation

Automation tips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KumailJ ,

Do you have multiple welcome emails active? True welcome emails only trigger off of sign up form additions, not manual list additions / uploads from you. An automation series (as in one that can potentially have multiple steps) would be needed for list addition triggers beyond just a sign up form add.

See also:

Automation overview

Automation creation

Automation tips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KumailJ
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Ah ok this makes sense. I've set this up as a welcome email, but you're right. The others I had setup with the other automation series option. 

Thanks! 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST