Setting up a trigger for an automated email with emails that are synced from Sales Force

SOLVED
Go to solution
VickyC89
Rookie
0 Votes

I set up a trigger for an email that once an address is added to the list that a certain email is sent. I added two emails through Salesforce and the names appear on the list in constant contact, but the email was not triggered... any suggestions?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VickyC89 ,

The automation "series" you set up is actually a welcome email, not a true automation series. Welcome emails can only trigger off of brand new list additions when the source is some kind of sign up form. Integrated CRMs such as Salesforce syncs won't trigger welcome email-type automations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VickyC89
Rookie
0 Votes

I did this set up with my emails syncing from Salesforce. The emails appear on the constant contact "trigger" list, but the email was not sent out... any suggestions? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VickyC89 ,

The automation "series" you set up is actually a welcome email, not a true automation series. Welcome emails can only trigger off of brand new list additions when the source is some kind of sign up form. Integrated CRMs such as Salesforce syncs won't trigger welcome email-type automations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST