Sign-up form integration on safari not working

Highlighted
Established Member

Sign-up form integration on safari not working

Hi there,

I am having an issue with an html code that we are using for constant contact integration on WIX. The code seems to work on google chrome but it doesn't appear on safari. Would anyone be able to help with this? 

Please note: We are using the in-line code for the signup forms instead of the app (lightbox) because the app only allows 100 total submissions unless you pay and we already pay a high fee for our account with Constant Contact.

I included pictures as well.

On Safari:

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 12.15.52 PM.png

On Google Chrome: 

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 12.16.22 PM.png

Help!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Sign-up form integration on safari not working

Hi @ImpactAustin 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! These screenshots you have provided definitely help to understand exactly what you are experiencing. Although you have already received assistance from our Phone Support, I would like to share our response here as well. We have received reports of Inline Sign Up Forms not being visible when viewed on Safari 11. It is however important to note this does not happen on any other browsers. Because of this we suggest using a different browser. You also have the option of changing this coding in your website:

<script type="text/javascript">
document.getElementById('password').focus();
</script>

Instead you will replace it with this coding:
<script type="text/javascript">
//document.getElementById('password').focus();
</script>

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I am having the exact same issue with Safari version 13 (13.1), can you offer an edit to our code? I'm not sure on what to do

<!-- Begin Constant Contact Active Forms -->
<script> var _ctct_m = "9d477702b342498a41456482ba5f0e6b"; </script>
<script id="signupScript" src="//static.ctctcdn.com/js/signup-form-widget/current/signup-form-widget.min.js" async defer></script>
<!-- End Constant Contact Active Forms -->

<!-- Begin Constant Contact Inline Form Code -->
<div class="ctct-inline-form" data-form-id="4f1ec763-2208-4cfc-9890-b1957c0e5cf1"></div>
<!-- End Constant Contact Inline Form Code -->

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @FirstNameL745688. Were you able to follow the workaround provided by us earlier in this thread? Changing this code will allow your signup form to display on Safari.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

No, I did not understand what or where to do. It looks like they added 2 backslashes to the original posting code. But my code is very different so I am not sure about what to do.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Help with Safari not showing CC sign up form, Wix website

Hi there,

I am having an issue with an HTML code that we are using for constant contact integration on WIX. The code seems to work on google chrome but it doesn't appear on safari. Would anyone be able to help with this? 

Please note: We are using the in-line code for the signup forms

The top one is Chrome and the lower one is Safari

I know there was another post about this but I am not sure how or where to edit the HTML code to fix it so I am posting the code so you are able to tell me exactly how to edit the code.

<!-- Begin Constant Contact Active Forms -->
<script> var _ctct_m = "9d477702b342498a41456482ba5f0e6b"; </script>
<script id="signupScript" src="//static.ctctcdn.com/js/signup-form-widget/current/signup-form-widget.min.js" async defer></script>
<!-- End Constant Contact Active Forms -->

Telling me to use another browser isn't really acceptable, I don't want to inconvenience a customer making them switch browsers really just need some help, please

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.53.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.52.41 PM.png

Highlighted

Re: Help with Safari not showing CC sign up form, Wix website

Hello @FirstNameL745688 ,

Based on your previous case with chat support, and the level of coding and integration elements at play, I felt it best to reach out to our higher level technical team for some additional insight. They're going to do some more digging on this issue, and then follow up with you within the next 4 business days. 

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I never heard back on this issue, still waiting to resolve it and trying to be patient with Covid stuff going on in the world, but its been over a month.

Highlighted

Hello @FirstNameL745688 ,

Our higher level technical team sent an email response to the account's primary email address on June 1st. If you need us to re-send that reply just let us know.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured