Sign up form is broken, how do people opt-in to multiple email lists on Wordpress.com now?

SOLVED
Go to solution
FairbanksArts
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

For a long time, we have had 'sign up' buttons on our Worpress.com site that had a link to our Constant Contact sign up form where folks could check as many e-mail lists as they wanted.... well, I just discovered today that the link is BROKEN, and I'm not sure how long it has been (which I'm very unhappy about)... and there is now no way to add links to what are now inline code-only sign up forms...

I searched how to resolve this and came across a 2020 community forum thread where the CC rep recommended to someone to create a Basic Landing Page if they still wanted the option for folks to sign up for multiple lists. Well, now I don't see that option in CC to make a Basic Landing page.

Long story short, we use Wordpress.com for now, so we can't do inline code, we NEED a link. We also need for people to be able to sign up for more than one list, so the Lead Generation Landing Page is not an appropriate option. What do we do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

In that case, it's sounding like the inability to access the link is something specific to the browser / device you normally use. Try disabling any browser extensions or pop-up/ad blockers you're running, to see if that alleviates the issue. Same thing with VPNs or similar security software. Once you've narrowed down what the issue is, it may be worth checking to see if safelisting our domains in the program truly resolves the issue for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FairbanksArts ,

You can find an account's legacy landing page forms on the Sign up forms tab of the navigation bar > Basic Landing Pages.

William_D_0-1652289738409.png

William_D_1-1652289738100.png

William_D_2-1652289738472.png

William A
FairbanksArts
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I have found how to access my form, the problem is that the URL no longer directs people to the form. This is what happens when you click on the URL: Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 8.38.32 AM.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

When I checked the share URL for your legacy sign up form, it loaded up without issue on my end - in every browser I checked, including incognito/private mode. I was able to also successfully sign up a contact for each list without issue (I've since deleted the test address from your contacts so it won't clog those up).

I'd advise checking the Share URL to make sure there's no erroneous spaces or other elements when you're copying it. Otherwise, check and see if your inability to access it persists on other devices or networks (such as your cell while using mobile data). That may help narrow down if it's a connectivity issue trying to access the form caused by something specific to your main network, device, browser, or some extension / security element.

William A
FairbanksArts
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

That is so odd. Yes, I checked it on my phone and even went into a separate chrome profile, and it worked. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

In that case, it's sounding like the inability to access the link is something specific to the browser / device you normally use. Try disabling any browser extensions or pop-up/ad blockers you're running, to see if that alleviates the issue. Same thing with VPNs or similar security software. Once you've narrowed down what the issue is, it may be worth checking to see if safelisting our domains in the program truly resolves the issue for you.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST