Signup Form in Constant Contact Website Builder

GregG4246
Consulting & Training

Signup Form in Constant Contact Website Builder

Created a site using the Constant Contact Website Builder and all was good until I got to the signup form. The signup form options in the builder only have an email field. No way to add a name field. Next I built a signup form in CC connected to a list only to find I can't install a CC signup form in the CC website builder. This makes no sense to me. I have read the tutorials and talked with 3 different people in support and they are as baffled as I am. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @GregG4246 ,

We're sorry to hear our support team wasn't able to assist you with this as needed. The sign-up form for the website does, currently, only offer an email field. Generally, the more fields you include the less likely a user will be to spend the time to enter their information. The subscribe section is meant to be a quick call-to-action that grabs the user's email to add to your email list. However, we understand your feedback and will be sure we pass this forward to see if improvements can be made to offer our customers more choices in the WSB, should they choose to include them.

One thing the Website Builder support team suggested, if you are looking to use the CC pop-up form, you can grab the code from your main CTCT account. Then navigate to your site settings in the Builder, and use the HTML injection option to add it to your website.

Another potential option would be to include a landing page sign up form, which can be added as a simple hyperlink to the site.

You may also wish to speak with the Website Builder support team directly for more information and insight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
GregG4246
Consulting & Training

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply. I get that you don't want to many fields on a form but a "First Name" field is pretty much required if you want to personalize your emails.

I will give the landing page idea a shot.

Thanks again,

Greg

PS: I still find it amazing that you can't install a CC form into a CC website when it can be installed on other website builders!

Hello @GregG4246,

Thank you for your feedback as well! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.