Slow saves and no more Spell Check?

Regular Participant

Slow saves and no more Spell Check?

I am curious as to what is happening with constant contact lately. The program is taking up to 45 sec or even longer to save. Also did the spell check feature disappear or does it need to be activated somehow?  

8 REPLIES 8
Employee

Hello @KevinH13,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you are experiencing slowness in your account. Have you tried a different browser to see if that helps? Also, for spell check Constant Contact does not have a built in spell check feature yet. I will definitely put in your feedback on this as other customers would like for us to have this as well. Certain browsers do have spell check and it works while using your account. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

Thank you, we have been using this for about 10 years and just started to notice these issues. Browser is still the same one I used last year Chrome.

Hi @KevinH13 

Thank you for following up with these details. I too would suggest  testing your campaign in a different browser or even a private/incognito window. We always suggest first testing your browser in case this may be connectivity related or caused by any 3rd party add-ons. I can also see you are working in our older Legacy Email templates. We have seen cases where copying and reusing these campaigns over a long period of time can carry over problematic formatting. Are you working with templates that you copy and reuse often? A workaround we suggest in these cases is to insert your content into brand new blocks instead of blocks that are being copied over. You also have the option of moving over to our Third Generation Editor. Do you have this same experience in this editor?

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

I have noticed exactly the same slow loading problem for the past several weeks. And no -- I will not try another browser. Constant Contact has competitors that are just as good for my needs and priced competitively. If CC can't offer the promised level of service I expect, I will not be changing browsers -- I will be changing email services. Get it fixed.

Hi @J.D.D2 

I apologize you too are having this experience and can understand why you may not want to try a different browser. I would however recommend trying one after all. As mentioned previously in this thread, there have been cases where slow loading is connectivity related or even caused by any 3rd party add-ons in a particular browser. This is always the easiest first-step to take to rule out any browser related issues.

Frankie.P

Regular Participant

No till this day we are still having the same issues, even changed laptops ans yes there was a spell check before.  Saves take forever and still sometimes don't work..  Come on 2021 so we can change programs. 

Hello @KevinH13,

Spell check is currently only a feature with your browser. We don't have a spell check feature with Constant Contact yet, as that is still a feature request. If your email is still moving slow I do recommend clearing your cache or trying a different browser for troubleshooting purposes.  

Zoe H.

Regular Participant

We have been having the same issues. Been with this program for almost 10 years and this year is has really gone down. no chat or call help for at least 2 weeks