Smart Lists

CraigG922
Rookie
0 Votes
Is it possible to create 'Smart Lists'? I would like to be able to create a list based on a set of rules. For example: A list containing all contacts from another list containing the words "Email List" Not Including any contacts with the Tag 'Bounce - Do Not Send'. That way, my team would just have to select a list when going to send and not have to worry about selecting a Tag to not include.
3 REPLIES 3
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi CraigG922!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Here are a few options for you to try.

Option 1: Segment Your Contacts Based on Specific Criteria 

If you check your segments page you will see a segment I created titled 'Smart List' this segment can be edited and refreshed as needed. You can Send an Email to a Segment of Contacts just like you would a regular list. 

Option 2: Remove the people tagged 'Bounce - Do Not Send' from your larger list 

• Navigate to your contacts page
  • Click on the tag
  • Check the box to select all
  • Click Manage lists
  • Click remove from lists
  • Click the list you would like to remove them from

Option 3: Manage your bounces

There are some bounce types that have a high probability of being permanently invalid and it's best that they be removed. This option will remove the need to segment or tag because you will know all the addresses on your list are able to receive your email campaigns. 

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
GSL-Memphis
Rookie
0 Votes

I too would like to create Smart List - it would be a list (what I'd call a grouping) to collect 16 individual lists I have to email weekly. So rather than select all 16 lists, I just select the smart list. (Naturally, any updates made at any time to the 16 individual lists would automatically be reflected in the Smart List). Is this possible? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GSL-Memphis ,

This kind of automated functionality isn't really possible in the native contacts dashboard. It'd need to be something you either manually trigger the creation of each week via Kara's segmentation suggestion, or via an outside integration that can either create new lists or rewrite a current one automatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST