Social Media Posts

MaryG65
Health Practitioners & Centers

Social Media Posts

I love your Social Media format for posting. However, why do my Instagram posts return in error and not post?
5 REPLIES 5
William_D

Hello @MaryG65 ,

We've seen this issue come up, and it typically has something to do with the way Facebook / Instagram's permissions work. For troubleshooting, please confirm the following:

• Is your Instagram account is a Instagram Business account. If it's personal, here are the steps to convert a personal profile to a professional account:
    https://help.instagram.com/502981923235522
  • Is your Instagram Business page part of a Facebook Business page?
  • Does clicking the Retry on the details page, or Social > Settings page make the post go through?
  • Does retyping text with slight alterations let you through? Insta / FB will not let you make the exact same post multiple times in a row through a 3rd party app like us.
  • If you have a link / URL in the post, is it already shortened, or is it the full https:// www. and .com? If it's the full url, does shortening it alleviate the posting issue
  • Have you confirmed that your Instagram account is neither restricted nor inactive?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
MaryG65

There is always on error on my Instagram posts. Facebook works. LinkedIn just worked. Once again Instagram did NOT. Why?

Hello @MaryG65 ,

Have you tried removing your Insta page from your CTCT account, revoking our permissions from your Insta page settings, and then re-adding your Insta account? If the issues continue after, it may be worth reaching out to Instagram's support to see if they can find anything in your page's settings that are preventing 3rd party posts from going through.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
MaryG65

when does Instagram posts not get posted. API permission denied?

Hello @MaryG65 ,

We've seen this issue come up, and it typically has something to do with the way Facebook / Instagram's permissions work. For troubleshooting, please confirm the following:

• Is your Instagram account is a Instagram Business account. If it's personal, here are the steps to convert a personal profile to a professional account:
    https://help.instagram.com/502981923235522
  • Is your Instagram Business page part of a Facebook Business page?
  • Does clicking the Retry on the details page, or Social > Settings page make the post go through?
  • Does retyping text with slight alterations let you through? Insta / FB will not let you make the exact same post multiple times in a row through a 3rd party app like us.
  • If you have a link / URL in the post, is it already shortened, or is it the full https:// www. and .com? If it's the full url, does shortening it alleviate the posting issue
  • Have you confirmed that your Instagram account is neither restricted nor inactive?

William D