Social Share and Event Spot

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Social Share and Event Spot

Hello,

I ran into errors with social share over the weekend. Scheduled posts for events from Event Spot did not go through on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday April 10. Screen shot of error on April 9 is shown below. Event name is 2016 04 11 Career Panel.

ErrorSocShare.png

On April 10, I attempted to send the same post 3 times from Event Spot and got the following results:

Post: Listen to Rob Isbitts at career panel on 4/20, included image from Library

Scheduled for 4/10 at 11:30 AM – failed, resent on 04/10 2:34 PM, failed, re-sent on 4/10 for 3PM, failed

When I sent posts via email/social share, they go out correctly.

Could someone please help me resolve issue with social share/event spot?

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Social Share and Event Spot

Hi @UrsulaCFA ,

I'm sorry to herr this is occuring. Thank you for posting so we can help! It seems as though you are experiencing an authorization issue with social share connecting to your Twitter and LinkedIn pages. In order to troubleshoot you will have to disconnect social share from both the social accounts and Constant Contact. 

Instructions to Disconnect Constant Contact from Social Media Accounts Here.

Instructions to Connect Social Media pages to Constant Contact

Once pages are disconnected log out and log back in to Constant Contact and reconnect Social Media pages using the instructions in the second link above. I hope that helps but if you have any other question let us know. Thank you !

Lenszie V.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Followed your instructions, ran a test. Social media share from email went through. Social media share from event spot did not go through. Event in question is 2016 04 20 Career Development Panel.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Here is successful tweet from email social share screenshot

ErrorSocShare2.png

Here is successful LinkedIn Update screenshot from email social share

ErrorSocShare3.png

Ran test twice, disconnected and connected social accounts and got same result. Email social share works, event spot social share does not. Event in question is 2016 04 20 Career Development Panel.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @UrsulaCFA,

After further testing on your account, we have encountered an issue with the Social Share feature on your EventSpot page. A case has been opened with our second level of support to further investigate this, in efforts to finding a fix. This process will take up to four business days, at which time, one our upper level support reps will contact you with an update.

Should you decide to reference this case with any of our representatives before hearing back, your case number is: 17777683.

If you would like to ask any further questions outside of this forum, feel free to visit your Customer Support Portal.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!