Social Share not working on Facebook ("error in sharing")

KristaG177
Participant

Social Share not working on Facebook ("error in sharing")

When I took over for my predecessor in Constant Contact, the Social Share to Facebook worked just fine.  Then our organization's president removed the previous person's Facebook rights.  We disconnected the previous user and followed steps to have the new president be the Owner and connect the Facebook page, but we are still unable to share on Facebook.  Keep getting the message that there is an error in sharing.  The other threads that I have read have not produced an answer for us on this one that seems to get it back to working.  What aspects must be updated when an owner is updated to ensure that social sharing on Facebook works?  Please help!!! 

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @KristaG177,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Please follow the steps below to re-establish the connection so that the error message goes away. Thanks! 

1. Disconnect Social Media Profiles from Social Share

2. Remove the Social Share App from a Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn Account

3. Connect Your Social Media Accounts to Social Share

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.