Social share: Changing link preview photo

AngelaN99
Regular Participant

Social share: Changing link preview photo

When I send a newsletter and then go to post it on social networks, it pulls the header photo for the link preview photo. I do not want that, as the header photo (my logo) is the same in each newsletter and, as such, the posts all have the same photo. How do I change the photo for the link preview?

7 REPLIES 7
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @AngelaN99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! You should be able to update the image by selecting it under "Add Images" in Social Share. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AngelaN99
Regular Participant

Thank you for the reply. If I add an image, it changes it from a linked-image to a plain image, when what I need to do is change the linked-image. I could be doing it the wrong way of course.

Hello @AngelaN99,

Can you show me a screenshot of what is needing to be changed? Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AngelaN99
Regular Participant

I'll try! So in the below dialog box I've put a link and Constant Contact has automatically converted that into a linked-image, which I understand to be called a link preview. The image it pulled for the preview is the header image, which in my case is the same every time and not very exciting. I'd like to change the image. If I press the Add Image button it will delete the linked-image and add a static image that is not linked. I need to figure out how to change the image for the preview or change the image Constant Contact offers for it, if that makes sense.

AngelaN99_0-1631462463812.png

Hello @AngelaN99,

If you select "Add Images" at the bottom it will change the linked image in preview and on social media when it posts. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

AngelaN99
Regular Participant

That might happen for others but not for me. When I add an image, the link preview is replaced by a static image. That is the issue:

AngelaN99_0-1631463028091.png

Hello @AngelaN99,

At this time, that will be the only way to update the image that appears. I do apologize for any inconvenience! 

Zoe H.