Spell Check Issues

DeaconRonB
Regular Participant

Spell Check Issues

When using spell-check, I right-click on the underlined word for spelling corrections, and when I select the correct spelling, instead of replacing the misspelled word the entire sentence and/or paragraph disappears. This only happens in Constant Contact and used to work properly.  

8 REPLIES 8
Amber_G
Employee

Hi @DeaconRonB, it sounds like this is being caused by your spell check and grammar settings in your browser. What browser are you currently using? Have you started using a different browser since this started occurring? If you are in the same browser, have you run an update that has effected your Spell Check Extension on this browser? 

Amber.G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
DeaconRonB
Regular Participant

I am using Google Chrome and have not changed anything before or since this started happening. This only happens in Constant Contact, not in any other applications. 

Are there any updates pending for your Chrome browser? Would you be able to provide which version of Chrome you're currently on, and if you're using a PC or Mac?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
DeaconRonB
Regular Participant

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm using a PC

Thank you for providing that info, @DeaconRonB . We're having trouble replicating it on our end, but it was a known issue with one of Chrome's previous builds a few months ago. Our higher level technical team is going to do some more digging regarding your issue, and they'll be reaching out to you via your account's primary email address within the next 4 business days.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
DeaconRonB
Regular Participant

I appreciate it. It can certainly be worked around but it si inconvenient. 

I just used Mozilla Firefox (83.0) to edit a campaign and did NOT experience the above referenced issue. Right-clicking on a misspelled word and selecting a correction worked as it should, so it does appear to be a browser issue. 

JennyG8
Occasional Participant

I have the same issue and so do all my colleagues. NAy updates to this?